HealthRight’s Associate Board brings together young professionals who are passionate about global health and human rights, providing them with opportunities to have a real impact on the lives of marginalized communities. The Associate Board volunteers their time, talents and resources to grow HealthRight’s supporter base, raise funds, and lend their expertise to HealthRight’s staff and Board.
What we give
- Advocating on behalf of HealthRight
- Sharing the stories of HealthRight’s work and projects
- Attending monthly meetings (remote until further notice)
- Donating or raising $1,200 per year
- Organizing social activities, promotional events and fundraisers
- Lending our skills and knowledge to the staff and board
What we get
- A vibrant network of young professionals who share our passion for global health and human rights
- Access to global leaders in health, business and NGOs via the staff, board and partners
- Unique insight into HealthRight’s sustainable development projects and the people they help
- Tickets to the annual gala
- The opportunity to improve the health of vulnerable people
Associate Board Members
Kayla Retzler is a Corporate Communications Manager at Deloitte with more than 10 years of diverse experience in corporate, agency, and newsroom roles. Kayla is passionate about inspiring others and making an impact, no matter the challenge. Kayla has a degree in Telecommunications and Political Science from University of Florida.
Akhil Kapur is a communications professional specializing in health, political and NGO campaigns, currently working at the advertising agency FCB Health. He has prior experience working with Global Health Strategies, Voice of America, and the Clinton Foundation. Akhil holds a degree in Media, Culture and Communications from New York University.
Walker Brumskine is an Investment Professional in the Private Equity Group at Apollo Global Management. Walker graduated from Harvard College with a Bachelor of Science, received his MBA from Harvard Business School and his JD from Yale Law School. He lives in New York City with his wife and daughter.
Simrin Jhangiani is a Strategic Advisory Manager at Status Labs, a global digital brand reputation management firm, prior to this she was an advisory associate at PwC. She has always had a passion for social impact and fighting global inequalities. Simrin holds a degree in International Relations and Economics from Georgetown University.
Dr. Mary Motwani
Dr. Mary Motwani is a licensed health psychologist at Greenwich Hospital and a volunteer consultant for HealthRight’s Human Rights Clinic. She has specialized experience in behavioral medicine and trauma psychology and a passion for global mental health and reducing disparities in access to health care. She earned her PhD in counseling psychology from Purdue University.