TITLE: Financial Analyst
REPORTS TO: Comptroller
BASED IN: New York, NY/Hybrid
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time Employee
START DATE: Late September – Early October 2022
HealthRight International is a global health organization that expands equitable access to quality health systems for marginalized communities, with particular focus on those affected by HIV, violence, unmet mental health needs, and inadequate reproductive, maternal, newborn, child & adolescent (RMNCAH) health services.
HealthRight is currently searching for a new Financial Analyst to support our growing grants portfolios across our four global offices. Reporting into the Comptroller and working closely with Program staff, Country Offices, and the Grants Compliance Office, the Analyst will be responsible for delivering relevant financial information, reports, and insights internally and externally to partners and donors.
- Organize data and understand business requirements to build and maintain templates and models to enable both the budget and forecast processes.
- Support the development of the annual budget and budget reforecasts for the organization and country offices.
- Support the development of grant/project budgets.
- Prepare and submit timely financial reports to USG funders
- Coordinate the operating budget for a portfolio of departments including forecasting and tracking results.
- Generate and analyze the monthly actual reports and work with the country offices and program managers to identify issues and opportunities versus budget.
- Identify and implement opportunities to use financial data and systems to improve modeling, reporting and analysis capabilities.
- Support the continued development and implementation of software and systems to enhance financial management.
- Help train new financial and program staff on HealthRights budget policies, processes, and financial systems.
- Provide ad hoc analytical support on critical initiatives and new projects.
Your Professional Background
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Data Analytics, or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-4 years progressive budgeting/finance experience; proven knowledge in complex financial analysis and expertise working on budgets preferred; ability to create insight from data and analyses.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Experience with international programs and/or foreign currencies preferred.
- Experience with non-profit fund accounting.
- Experience producing financial reports for US-government funders such as USAID or CDC.
- Computer and other technical skills: Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and all MS Office applications and QuickBooks.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomatic skills: the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
- Familiarity with humanitarian aid, international development, refugee resettlement or other similar industries strongly preferred.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a global finance team.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, global, and fast-paced environment with time-sensitive demands.
At HealthRight diversity is a core value, and we welcome applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, age, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or gender identify. HealthRight is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at HealthRight are based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
“Financial Analyst Application”
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.